There has been a lot of hype in the Arizona media lately about CoolSculpting. Coolsculpting is the latest non-invasive trend to reduce fat by freezing the fat cells. While studies have shown that fat cells can be selectively damaged because they are more sensitive to cold, after testing Coolscuplting ourselves, Derma Health believes there are better ways to get more effective results. For that reason, we have decided not to offer CoolSculpting to our patients in the Phoenix, AZ area. We believe that most of our patients would be disappointed in the results. Here's why:
- CoolSculpting states in its press release that one can expect an average of 20% improvement and that multiple treatments are usually needed. Only 5% of our staff saw noticeable results and most thought it was an uncomfortable procedure. Many also experienced painful post treatment symptoms for about two weeks.
- CoolSculpting treatments appear to be a low-cost alternative to tumescent Liposuction, but end up costing thousands of dollars after performing multiple treatments. In the long run, repeated CoolSculpting treatments are more expensive and less effective than tumescent liposuction.
- The long term health effects of CoolSculpting's aggressive tissue cooling are not known.
- The CoolSculpting machine can only grab a small amount of fat at a time and takes an hour for every small area. The abs, for example, are two areas requiring two hours. If you have treatments done for your love handles, which are very popular, that would be another two hours. To get the maximum results with CoolSculpting for these areas, it would take three treatments and a total of twelve hours. Tumescent Liposuction takes about an hour and a half in a single treatment.
- Weight loss fads come and go. These can be very tempting because they seem to offer what the patient wants -- claims such as "non-surgical" and "less expensive". First there was SmartLipo, Zerona and Bodytite. Today it's CoolSculpting. Only tumescent liposuction has a twenty-seven year track record of safety and immediate and dramatic results. The dangers of old-style liposuction procedures were reduced significantly when a patient no longer required general anesthesia. And the incisions are so tiny, most never scar.
If you can live with minimal improvements, the obvious appeal to CoolSculpting is the "non-invasive" aspect -- and in that case CoolSculpting may be for you -- but if you're looking for dramatic results, and more precise sculpting and a with a proven safety record, that is what you'll see with the Tumescent Liposuction.
Interested? Come in for a Free Consultation!
CoolSculpting vs. Tumescent Liposuction
* Price based on a BMI of 25-30; a lower BMI will result in lower prices. Please call for a free consultation to see if liposculpting liposuction is right for you.
CoolSculpting Patient Reviews
"I guess there's a bit of a difference with my abdomen, but it's VERY subtle."
"It is very frustrating to drop this kind of money, especially in this economy, for something that doesn't work at all."
"I saw absolutely zero difference after being reassured by my doctor this was the best thing for me."
"For me, it's just not worth going through that again for something that's really not noticeable. Not to mention the cost."
"To be honest I personally won't do it again. I would rather do a procedure where small incisions are done and the fat drains from your body."
"I paid $2,100 to have three treatments with no success at all."
"Coolsculpting is not very effective. The problem is that for most people it does not really get rid of the bulges. Tumescent liposuction is the gold standard, and that is what most board certified plastic surgeons use."
"One of the problems with Cool Sculpting is that it is only 20 to 25% effective and often struggles to achieve an artful beautiful result."
Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction:
This FDA-approved tumescent liposuction procedure rids the body of stubborn unwanted fat and sculpts the body for dramatic results while greatly decreasing risk, expense and post-operative discomfort. This outpatient procedure takes about two hours.
This procedure provides immediate results in a single treatment and is performed by our double-board certified cosmetic surgeon with years of experience. The results are precise unlike CoolSculpting, which does not provide body contouring. Also, in most cases multiple treatments are needed with CoolSculpting to see results.
Tumescent liposuction is the gold-standard for body sculpting and fat removal. The results greatly outmatch those of other types of fat removal procedures while providing optimum safety for patients.